Friday 23 September 2011

Not for me

If I see another article on how to get the Vintage look for your wedding, I'm going to scream. Vintage is everywhere, sometimes real Vintage and sometimes fake Vintage, but it all involves birdcages and tea cups. And peonies and pink and green. I am so bored of the Vintage theme, I really am. It's now too easy to do. Everyone is doing it. Can we have a new trend now?
Or to go to the other extreme, there is the punk, modern pin-up hipster trend which is the second most common theme - more prevalent on the internet than in magazines. Edgy and cool, you have to have non-traditional parents or balls of steel to have this - looks fantastic and is so not us.

The third major theme seems to be Tiffany blue. Seriously.

What about the brides that don't fit into these themes? I want something less romantic and twee than Vintage but less kitsch and more traditional than hipster. I do not want Tiffany blue, unless they sponsor my wedding.

Oh, I know that sometimes there will be a feature on a beach-themed wedding, or one with a peacock theme, but come on: their must be more inventive ideas than this? What about a movies/Hollywood theme? Or a global/travelling theme? Or a Storybook love theme? Or modern fairytale? Or burlesque? Or a circus theme? So much fun stuff, so little makes it into the pages of the magazines in the shops. Such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment