Monday 2 January 2012

Girls, get a fucking grip

I'm sorry, I'm in a rage. I'm reading the latest issue of Perfect Wedding, a magazine I usually enjoy as it's a little different from the others. But they have a 25 Reasons You'll Love Being Married and it's making me want to vomit.

Number 13: You now know that there will always be someone on hand to change a tyre or check your oil.

Oh. My. God. Women. Seriously. If you don't know how to do either of these and you are a driver, you need to learn. Both of these things are not hard and your life will be made easier when YOU DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON MEN FOR SMALL MATTERS. Jesus Christ, learn some self-reliance and don't get married until you have grown up.

Number 14: Marriage means one extra piece of pretty jewellery to wear on your finger.

If this is your reason for getting married, you need actual psychiatric help and your husband/wife needs a very good lawyer.

Number 18: You will gain a superior knowledge of sports and computer games thanks to prolonged exposure.

We're not all Kim Kardashian-worshipping, Friends-watching, Heat-reading girly girls, you know. Some of us may even own an XBox. What is wrong with you? Stop perpetuating gender myths!

Sigh. It's things like this that make me so happy we're not having a stereotypical wedding and I'm not marrying a wanker who thinks that I wouldn't be able to change the oil in my car without his help. The rest if the list are things that basically would show up on a list of Reasons to Enjoy Having a Live-in Boyfriend so clearly nothing much changes when you get married, according to Perfect Wedding. What a pile of fetid anti-feminist shit. Happy 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment